I've experimented with all types of photography, but there's none that I love to do more then portraits! There is something about capturing the emotion, the spirit and energy of a human that gives me a natural high. Portraits can tell the story of a person, or highlight a certain time in their life. Things can get a little harder when the subject is a child, but it also gets fun. So, I challenge all my viewers (and inspiring photographers) to take a stab at it.
It's not a demand. It's a challenge! A contest!
RULES OF PARTICIPATION:
1. Create a single child portrait (must own all rights)
2. Email no more then 2 pictures to MrFlakoVeli@gmail.com
(Include your name, city and state, and the name and age of the child)
3. All entries must be submitted by September 16, 2013 (12:00 P.M. *EST)
4. The winner will receive an email response within 48 hours after closing time
5. The winning picture will be featured on my site on October 7, 2013!
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS:
1. Start the session with a conversation. Sit down with the child and break down the wall of shyness.
(conversate about their favorite cartoon, snack, activity or super hero)
2. Step away from the subject and let them dive into the moment.
(this will let them relax and be their natural self)
3. Once you are ready to start shooting, go for it, but do it in a relax manner.
(try not to bring attention to you, or interrupt their current state of being)
4. It is ok to get up close and personal, but make it snappy and continue to build on trust.
(this way, they continue to feel a sense of "friendship" with you)
5. Use "Burst Shooting Mode"
(Kids are unpredictable... enough said.)
5. Get creative! Snap away! Look at the photos AFTER the session!
(You're going miss great spontaneous moments if you over analyze every shot)